Friday, March 24, 2006

Welcome! or: why I opened this Blog


Hello and welcome to my blog, The Middle East News Addict (quite a mouthful isn't it). This blog, as the name suggests, is the result of my addiction to Middle East news and analysis. I have decided to open it for two reasons. The first is that the amount of analysis piling up in my computer has started to create sever space problems on my hard drive. The second and more important reason, is that this blog is the manifestation of my desire to float my ideas out there and receive comments from other Middle East enthusiasts such as yourself (yes, yes, you who are now reading these lines).


To allow you to learn a little bit about my style and line of thinking, I have added some of my older posts to the blog from before I opened this blog (on stuff that are some what gone but still of interest) including the original date in which they were written. If you get the time I would appreciate your comments on those too.


Finally, although this blog is primarily about the Middle East and related issues, from time to time I will venture into other topics of interest in international relations as they spark my fiery desire to write a comment. This is due to the fact that around the world other issues emerge that bare more than one similarity to the troubles of the Middle East as in my post on water issues and world organizations and also because the Middle East is not the only thing happening in international relations.



Enjoy the reading and even more the commenting,



Yours
The Middle East News Addict



p.s.
This is my first blog so I would also appreciate your comments with regards to style as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home